TCS Statement of Faith
1. The Bible is verbally inspired by God and free from error. It is the Word of God, and the only infallible rule of faith and practice.
2. There is but one living and true God, existing eternally in three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, the same in substance, equal in power and glory.
3. God created man, male and female, in His own image, in knowledge, righteousness and holiness, with dominion over the creation. Our first parents fell from this estate by sinning against God, so all mankind by their fall lost communion with God, are under His wrath and curse, utterly unable to save themselves, and so made liable to all the miseries of this life, to death itself, and to the pains of hell forever.
4. The only Savior is the Lord Jesus Christ who, being the eternal Son of God, at God's appointed time, was conceived in the womb of the Virgin Mary by the Holy Spirit, and so became man. He thus was, and continues to be, God and man, with two distinct natures perfectly joined in one person, forever. The Lord Jesus died for our sins, according to the Scriptures, as our substitute, to satisfy divine justice.
5. On the third day after His crucifixion, our Lord Jesus Christ rose from the dead. He ascended into Heaven, and there sits at the right hand of the Father, making intercession for the saints, and He will return to judge the living and the dead.
6. The salvation of lost and sinful man is a free gift of God's grace, apart from works, based solely upon Christ's death on our behalf.
7. Man's chief end is to glorify God and to enjoy Him forever.
8. There is a spiritual unity of all believers in the Lord Jesus Christ.
TCS CORE VALUES
The Mission Statement of Thomasville Christian School: The mission of Thomasville Christian School is to exalt the name of Jesus by imparting a Christian worldview to children of believers.
TCS’s Core values: TCS is a Christ-centered school, developing Christian character, striving for academic excellence, and focused on the great commission. These are the school's guiding principles that direct TCS in fulfilling its mission.
A quality Christian education is Christ-centered and Biblically based. Students learn the Bible is inspired, infallible, and applicable to all areas of life being the authority for faith and Christian living. God is eternal, omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient, and the sovereign creator and sustainer of all things. Jesus provides eternal life for those who repent of their sins and trust in him as Savior and Lord. Through modeling and teaching godly leadership, students are challenged to be grateful to God and to use their God-given abilities to impact their homes, churches, and communities.
A quality Christian education develops the character of the student. Students are encouraged to strengthen their body, mind, and character through discipline and self-control and to demonstrate the fruit of the Spirit in their school, in their homes, and in their communities. They learn how to conduct themselves in a way that is honoring to God and one another through their words, actions, and obedience, and to use their gifts and talents for God’s glory.
A quality Christian education stresses academic excellence. All subjects are taught from a Christian world and life view. Preparing students for the career God will call them into in the future will bring Him honor and glory. Students are encouraged to grow spiritually and academically during the school year.
A quality Christian education focuses on the great commission. Students are encouraged to love others as God loves them and to be involved in sharing their faith in fulfillment of the great commission. Students are reminded of the importance of regularly meeting with other Christians for worship, prayer, encouragement, instruction, and spiritual accountability.